[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting minutes - January 4, 2015

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jan 4 16:57:27 CET 2015

Hi all,

Happy new year!
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.73 release

- There are a couple of fixes that could be moved to the release branch. Campbell Barton and Sergey Sharybin check on this monday.

- If all goes fine, we call for a release build on tuesday.

2) The 2.74 targets

- We're still in BCon1 - within two weeks we should be able to define the release targets.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

- There's a release log in progress already!
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.74

- Proposal to make OpenGL 2.1 minimum: everyone agrees that this is sensible, however:
  - do this together with tangible user benefits (like support for SSAO, cavity shaders, DOF)
  - do this in a way the migration is smooth and friendly communicated
Discussion on this will continue, proposal coming next meeting.

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute