[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting minutes, February 8, 2015

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Feb 8 17:30:57 CET 2015

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 1500 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Release targets for 2.74

- We are still one more week in BCon2 (get the patches ready for inclusion in 'master')
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

- Custom normals is in master.
 We need stakeholder game-artist to help making art and examples or tutorials!

- Jeroen Bakker has a bicubic filter/interpolation patch for Compositor. Could go to release?
https://developer.blender.org/D1009

- New GE coder Sybren Stuvel has his first patches applied, congrats!
 Release page in progress: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.74/BGE

- New OpenShading language release 1.6 is coming, but probably too early for including in release.

- Jens Verwiebe will help updating OpenEXR in in OSX Blender to V2.3 (already dome for Linux and Windows).

- Freestyle patch has not been committed yet - we need Tamito Kajiyama to report on this.

- Multiview patch reviewing is in progress!

2) Other projects

- Daniel Genrich will look into the issue with Cloth sim, which broke after Lukas Toenne's commit for hair.

- Sergey Sharybin: Dependency Graph project now goes to handling Group-duplicators, a complex topic.

- No news still about OpenSubdiv... the branch is on our website, anyone can test the update!
 https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/opensubdiv-modifier/

- Monday GSoC 2015 application starts for Foundations. Ton Roosendaal will handle the submission.

Laters,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute