[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes, Dec 6, 2015

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Dec 6 16:26:05 CET 2015

Hi all,

A short meeting today in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders!

1) Blender 2.77 targets

- Proposal: move the decision on the 2.77 targets - and release planning - to january 3rd meeting.
That also means we don't release a bugfix release this month.

- Next week we put this on the agenda to confirm as a decision.

2) Other projects

- The 2.8 project landing page:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.8/

- Bastien Montagne: please test the asset project patch. Maybe it can go to 2.77 even.

- OpenGL discussions / proposals / tweaks are ongoing, lots of energy & activity there!
No need for formal decisions or branches yet. The core OpenGL team seems to be well aligned on things.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.8/Source/OpenGL

- Lukas Toenne is quietly working on node systems. Here's a screenshot showing a working Group node in Object nodes:
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=96265

Thanks,

-Ton-