[Bf-committers] Blender on Steam!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Apr 25 10:29:36 CEST 2015

Hi all,

After like two years of trying to get it organized via others, I just held my breath and took a deep dive in the tedious paperwork and forms procedures to get an app on Steam published! In the end paperwork is my main job nowadays anyway :)

Martijn Berger did the essential work of getting Blender compiled and submitted according to steam specs.

Result now is that we have the first version on Steam (windows, the rest is following soon).
http://store.steampowered.com/app/365670/

The response and traffic on Steam is enormous, it looks like this page on steam gets more traffic than the blender.org frontpage... :)

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute