[Bf-committers] Attention: Backtrace on Windows is not correct on 2.74 release

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 20:01:09 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Recently I committed some code that prints a backtrace when Windows
builds of blender crash.

I've mentioned this countless times already on the tracker, but not
sure how many people watch the tracker, so I will report it here as
well:

The windows backtrace does -not- work on release builds. It does work
on debug builds though.

People have been overeager to include this backtrace in their reports
so I have promptly disabled
it on master.

The handler is not useless and it might be nice to make a debug build
available on our buildbot.
This will allow us to quickly direct users to a debug build for a
proper backtrace.

But for now, please dismiss any information in the backtrace as
garbage (In recent builds it even includes an explicit message so
people are not confused any more)