[Bf-committers] cloth

Jim Gaston jim.gaston at gerbertechnology.com
Mon Sep 29 17:50:35 CEST 2014

Hi Dan,
	Thank you for the reply.

	I have a couple of patches I have made locally to the cloth
modifier,
	But the patches need work.

	The first patch is a multithreaded version of
cloth_bvh_objcollisions_nearcheck().
	It improves the speed of the cloth simulation.
	unfortunately, I don't know how to code it *portably*.

	The second patch causes sew lines to close after frame 15. (Jez's
sew springs).
	It works well for my application, but it needs to UI to make it
optional and set the start frame.
	And it could be unacceptable because it is applied after the
collision checks.

	both patches are small. Less than 100 lines.

Regards
Jim