[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting minutes - September 21, 2014

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Sun Sep 21 16:29:35 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net, #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.72 release

* It looks like we are ready for the Release Candidate soon, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

* We need the splash screen for the RC still, Ton can you check on this please?

* The Bug tracker has 138 open reports atm, but no showstoppers. Developers: If a crucial issue still comes up, assign it to Blender Regressions project: https://developer.blender.org/project/view/38/ Also please check on your assigned reports.

* http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.72 Release logs are almost ready, mainly the summary is missing. Help is welcome here. :)

2) Current projects

* Bastien mentions work on transfer data from one mesh to others (like vgroups, shapekeys, smooth faces, UVs, etc.).

* Antony is working on custom widget API, that will allow operators and code to add custom widgets to the interface.

* Levon Hudson is working on a mesh cache sequence modifier for e.g. realflow mesh and particles, objs.http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=77457  Should be available as a patch in the coming weeks.

* Campbell works on editmesh select-similar face-regions, a tool to select face-islands with matching topology.

Thanks,
Thomas