[Bf-committers] Credits Page

Jehan Pagès jehan.marmottard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 03:02:45 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 2:45 AM, Harley Acheson
<harley.acheson at gmail.com> wrote:
> In case this is useful, I *think* we are missing the following 253
> contributors, comparing
> the current "About" page to the version from January of this year:

[snip]
> Jehan Pag耀s, 1 patch – 2013

I don't care about my family name (just the first name is good for me,
anyway this first name is extremely rare), but if you really want to
write my family name on this credits page, I hope that's not with a
Chinese character in it! :P That's supposed to be an accent on 'e':
Jehan Pagès
Also as of now, I have 2 commits in Blender, not only 1.

$ git log --grep="\(j\|J\)ehan"

It was once written "Jehan Pages" and the other time "jehan" in the
commit description, but I'm the same person.

In any case, that proves — if nothing else at all — that it will be
very difficult to automatize contribution retrieval and count since
not a single "syntax" seems to have been used to name the contributor
in commit description. But that was one of the known problem of `svn`
anyway (as well as for all the source control systems which do not
have a "author" concept separated from the "commiter"). And that's one
of the awesome feature of `git`, and indeed I hope it is used
nowaydays in blender development.
Have fun!

Jehan