[Bf-committers] Withdrawal

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 17:31:08 CEST 2014

I didn't actually see your mail from monday. Either it got lost somewhere
in my client or i dunno.

As for the fixed bugs section it's not that bad actually, the stuff Ton
mentioned in the minutes are just guidelines for that page to make it
maintainable. It doesn't mean it's fully wrong or so. Main issue with the
page is that it lacks information about the revision range it's valid for.
So if you suddenly becomes busy and i (or cambo or whoever else) need
finish it -- it'll be rather tricky to figure out where to start. To avoid
such issues, we put on the top of the page:

  Changes from revision AAA up to BBB

It should be really easy for you to add information about revision your
list is updated to.

Other issue is that i saw quite a few fixes which were a fixes for new
stuff added to 2.72. We don't mention that in the change log. It should be
easy for you again to just ignore such fixes for the rest of the revisions
from now on up to the very release. We'll need to clean up existing list
from those fixes, but for that you can have at least mine help, and as max
-- there could be more volunteers to help cleaning stuff up.

And the structure issue is also not that difficult to solve. It's just
matter of using old structure and copy-pasteing new fixes to it. Or
renaming the sections, so Modeling is more like a Mesh Editing, Compositor
is Node / Compositor and such. Sticking to some "standard" template is good
for the readability of changes imo. And for this you can also use my help
or help from someone else in the community.

So to summarize, there is some clean up to be done on the fixes page, but
it's not that much of work and it doesn't mean you need to do it all (we'll
for sure help with the cleanups and so). And consider information from
Ton's mail about fixed bugs section as a guideline for the future work on
that section. Do not consider it as an insult on your work, we really
appreciate your help.

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin