[Bf-committers] Blender meeting minutes, November 30, 2014

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Nov 30 17:06:06 CET 2014

Hi all,

Here are the notes from today's 1500 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.73 release

- Todo reminder, we still have to update some libraries in our build system
  https://developer.blender.org/T42698

- Current planning and targets:
  http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

- Most targets now have moved to next release. We agree on doing a release after all, having a stable bugfixed version out is important too, especially seeing what's going on already!

- The "Complex Asian character input" patch is problematic still, four people are now on it now.
  Tuesday we check on the status for that. It really needs a lot of attention and help from Asian users!

- Bug tracker, high priority and confirmed tasks to handle asap:
  https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/project/54/query/open/

- OSX Platform maintainer: the 2.73 release will be 64 bits only.

2) Other projects

- OpenGL and Viewport project:
  Antonis Ryakiotakis, Jason Wilkins, Alex Kuznetsov & Mike Erwin are all involved.
  Doc + plan will go to code blog, discussion and review will be happening this week.

- Custom widgets project is candidate for 2.74 too. Antonis will test shapekey controllers.

Laters,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute