[Bf-committers] About default values

Kévin Dietrich kevin.dietrich at mailoo.org
Thu Jan 23 01:38:29 CET 2014

Hello everyone,

In Blender when one wants to reset a value to its default, in most
cases, it gives you the soft minimum (i. e. Render Resolution becomes
4px * 4px). As it is in the simple todo list [1], I'd like to work on it
and hard-code all those default values. I spent a few minutes to try
things out and I have some questions :

- Should I create a task (Bug ? UI ? - and assign it to self - or simply
upload a patch when I'm finished ? Or reopen the bug report ?

- How to set per axis default ? By which I mean: for Gravity, if I set
the default to -9.81 all axis will inherit this value.

- There are inconsistencies reported by some users : like fluid time is
set to 4 seconds whilst the default timing of the scene is about 10 sec.
In that case what should I do ? I'd say one should fix that. Then which
file(s) is responsible for the values we see in the interface ?

I think that's all the questions I have.

Regards,

Kevin

Links:
------