[Bf-committers] Quit and unsaved changes ...

CoDEmanX codemanx at gmx.de
Fri Jan 17 16:13:47 CET 2014

Hey Gaia,

thank you for your improvement work, the quit prompt really deserves
some lovin' :)

I propose the following prompt:

Unsaved changes:

C:\the\path\to\file.blend

[Overwrite] [Save as...] [Discard & Quit] [Abort]

Overwrite should be the default button. It saves to the .blend as shown
in the msgbox (thus overwriting what is currently on your persistent
storage).

Save as... would be a handy addition to allow for quick save to new
.blend (dunno how to integrate this well, I worry it would need to open
the OS save-as modal dialog).

Discard & Quit looks verbose but it makes clear, that you will lose
unsaved changes and Blender quit immediately after a click.

Abort simply cancels the dialog and no action is taken.

I believe it's possible to create msgboxes with arbitrary buttons with
Windows API, it's more complicated than the msgboxes with a default set
of buttons. Not sure about other OS?

Greetings,
Cody