[Bf-committers] TableGUI - BUI -- update 20140109

Felipe Ferreira da Silva felipefsdev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 00:38:18 CET 2014

@Hewi,

Haha, yeah, the repository is getting bigger, and will grow faster from now
on, because the core is very mature.
Hey, about that grease pencil toolbar/menu, I plan to create floating
widgets (a widget that is not child of any other child) later, something
that may look like this:
http://dribbble.com/shots/182088-TwitSpark-Betadesign-3?list=searches&tag=popup
... I think it fits perfectly for that toolbar & menu concept.

"
run_BUI(argc, argv); /* which will give you the basic screen layout */
plugin_Python(argc, argv); /* embed python for the interface functions to
draw all of the menus and buttons and ...*/
"

1. I will make a worthy demo project using TableGUI later, better than the
"main.c" file that I have in the repository.
2. I'm making a simple system to make possible integrate the TableGUI stuff
(functions, objects, widgets, etc.) with a script language, such Python and
Lua. The idea is to make possible to modify the layout (add widgets, remove
or change) using script language too, and since the widgets are drawn using
OpenGL, I believe that it is possible to use Python/Lua to draw on widgets
too (using something like PyOpenGL or LuaGL).

Days ago I was just wondering about how the community developers feel about
this project...

Regards,
Felipe

2014/1/9 <hewi at jupama.org>

> @Felipe Ferreira da Silva
>
> Basically, all issues I have encountered so far with the Blender interface
> are able to be resolved with the BUI.  I just need to find the time to
> summerise them all and 'solve' them.  One example is "The grease pencil
> tool" on the blender artists forum:
>
> http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?323319-Grease-Pencil-Tool-Workflow
>
> Thanks so much for the coding of the TableGUI, I tried to go through your
> code but it is already a vast repository, just to align thoughts here: the
> core idea of the BUI code is this
>
> int main(int argc, const char **argv){
>
>     run_BUI(argc, argv); /* which will give you the basic screen layout */
>
>     plugin_Python(argc, argv); /* embed python for the interface functions
> to draw all of the menus and buttons and ... */
>
>     plugin_Blender(argc, argv);
>
>     return EXIT_SUCCESS;
>
> }
>
> Is this something that will be possible to be implemented with your
> TableGUI?
>

> @Arnaud: thanks for checking the TableGUI code
>
> Because I want to base the BUI on Blenders Interface priciples and designs
> (so yes the screen splitting functionality needs to be implemented), I
> need to know how the Blender source is structured to establish this . This
> means, unfortunatelly, traversing all the structs and enums and function
> pointers and circular dependencies and #defines and all ... I am currently
> @dna_screen_types.h->typedef struct ScrArea->char
> spacetype->functionPointers->void (*free)(struct SpaceLink *); pffffff,
> When the BUI is running, this knowledge will be handy anyway to be able to
> plug blender in, but still, pffffff
> next up: function pointers redeclaration
>
> kindest regards
>
> Hewi

- Felipe Ferreira da Silva