[Bf-committers] Improving dupli instance drawing in OpenGL viewport

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 17:08:50 CET 2014

I personally would say yes! This can be generalized to cater for cases like
having an array modifier at the end of the stack, which could simply access
and modify the per instance data only, if they existed. We already use some
OGL 3.0+ functionality for bump map real time display which just falls back
to a lower quality feature if the relevant OGL extensions/version are
unsupported so I don't think there's really an issue here apart from the
difficulty of allowing the fallback itself for all possible cases.