[Bf-committers] Blender on Android-still alive?

Crs Mrn mahri726 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 11:30:21 CET 2014

Controlling Blender remotely is also a nice thing, but I am thinking a way
of running the app itself directly on mobile processors.

     Here is a cool controll scheme I tought for touchscreen, very fast. On
UI, it looks like a joystick pad, which has two arrows, one above, and
another under it. The joystick controlls xy camera movement and the arrows
z (up-down). Holding down and dragging anywhere on the screen pans the
camera. If you drag the joystick up and in the same time press the up
arrow, you get a different type of move.
   That joystick could also be used for translating objects. Let's take
just an axis, x. Imagine that axis like an edge, with two vertices at its
ends: vertex A, in one part, and vertex B, in the other part. On the axis,
there is a sphere. If you turn the camera, and point A is closer to you,
then draw the joystick down, (if you have the translate button activated),
the object slides towards point A. If you turn the edge, so point B is
closer to you, then you move again the joystick down, the sphere slides
towards point B.

So, the camera position, object relative position to the camera and axis
orientation could be feeded into the code for this to work.

For further tweaking, sliding on the right part on the screen could add
more precision.

    I think that this controll method is very fast, for touch-screen
devices.
În data de 06.01.2014 02:55, "Jacob Merrill" <blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com> a
scris: