[Bf-committers] On compatibility break

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sat Jan 4 15:51:54 CET 2014

It was a bug in 2.69 but the behavior was changed in Git now.
Disabling auto perspective in the user preferences works around the
issue.

Personally I wouldn't mind if the version was bumped to 2.70, and
doing the this at the start of each release cycle so that people can
use different preferences. But it would be breaking a convention we've
had for a long time so it needs feedback from other developers.
Further, some people might find it convenient to share user
preferences between the latest release and development version even if
it gives this kind of glitch sometimes?