[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developer meeting minutes - December 29, 2013

Felipe Ferreira da Silva felipefsdev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 10:19:09 CET 2014

Hewi,

Nice work on the BUI page.
About the first issue "Toolbar is only accessible in the 3D View". Wouldn't
it be redundant if you had two 3D view, and two toolbars. It could be only
one toolbar for both views.

News about TableGUI...
I'm rewriting parts of its code. Most of the time rewriting the OpenGL
calls, just to improve the performance.

I have made a lot of changes since my last commit on the github page. I'm
trying an alternative to FBOs that seems to be more powerfull, faster:
glScissor, that do not require memory as FBOs do, and seems faster to
render, since it is just an bitwise operation.
The main loop was refactored, it runs at full speed, but the rendering is
just called each 16.66 miliseconds, giving me about 60 fps.

Regards,
Felipe Ferreira

2014/1/3 <hewi at jupama.org>

> <quote from="developer meeting minutes - December 29, 2013">
> 1) projects for 2.70
>
> - Also missing is a list of UI work for 2.70 and later. Brecht van Lommel
> will check on it, Jonathan Williamson offered help (last week).
> </quote>
>
> All,
>
> It is the intention to, for the BUI project, gather all relevant requests
> in the wiki:
>

> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Proposals/UI/BUI_BlenderUserInterface/Design
>
> please feel free to use this repository at will.
>
> Looking forward finding out about the 2.7 UI list and it's location.
>
> Hewi

- Felipe Ferreira da Silva