[Bf-committers] "Show wire" as a global toggle as opposed to per-object ?

Hadrien Brissaud hadriscus at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 17:00:26 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

often when manipulating complex objects that are made up of several
individual objects (in the Blender sense) I want to show the wireframe of
each and every part of it but the per-object toggle does not allow that,
instead I have to go through the "check show wireframe, check show all
edges, then RMB-> copy to selected for both checkboxes" process every time
a a bunch of new objects are added to a scene, same when disabling it.
I wish the show wireframe option were a viewport toggle instead and "show
all edges" were on by default (never really understood the idea behind
keeping this unchecked). It's not necessarily right because it exists
elsewhere, but this is the behaviour that Maya and Max follow and having
used both in the past I find it really more handy.

Any thoughts on this ?

Regards,

Hadrien