[Bf-committers] OpenCL driver updates

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Apr 30 12:21:12 CEST 2014

Hi all,

Here is the public beta from AMD, firepro only:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/workstation?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

Radeon is coming soon. No info about when...

AMD is very positive about this release. I cannot get anyone to confirm this yet. The definition of what is "working" is probably different.

Martijn Berger tested it on AMD W8000, and he confirms that it compiles, but it is slow and not stable.

There might be some work needed on our side too, this I don't know.
Before sending feedback to AMD I would like to get some independent test reports confirming the state of this beta driver.

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute