[Bf-committers] Commiting someone else patches (Re: [4ea79fc] master: Patch T37363: ...)

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Wed Nov 20 03:37:31 CET 2013

Hi,
brechtvanlommel at pandora.be (2013-11-19 at 0801.42 +0100):
> Please don't it add like this. You can add it add in a section at the
> end of the document but you should mention very clearly that it does
> not work with our code review tool at the moment, otherwise we are
> going to get a lot of confusion. I would love this to work but let's
> try to work with what we have.

Well, you already changed that, thanks. The text I wrote was placed in
a per topic basis (apply, generate, etc), but the lack of support was
mentioned a couple of times to remind of current method (git am could
be used for final commit once green lighted, for example).

> The best way to work is to use arc at the moment.

No experience with arc, so I will leave you, or someone else, to write
that part of Patches altogether. Or decide how to reorganize Code
Review vs Patches pages, they repeat each other in some parts, and the
first mentions arc.

Talk about confusion, if there are a CR page and another Patches, it
seems logic to some degree that CR would to cover the generics and
refer to the Patches for the specifics.

GSR