[Bf-committers] developer.blender.org open!

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Mon Nov 18 05:33:30 CET 2013

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 1:34 AM, Mitchell Stokes <mogurijin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another thing, do we need an "OpenGL Error" task type when we have an
> "OpenGL/Gfx" project tag?

The OpenGL Error tracker used to collect bugs in graphics drivers or cards:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Tools/Phabricator#Tasks

Personally I don't mind having them as closed tasks in the OpenGL/Gfx
project, as I expect no one was browsing that OpenGL Error tracker
anyway, so if no one objects I can change that.

> On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Mitchell Stokes <mogurijin at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> We appear to have lost our categories for the BGE bug tracker. We used to
>> have categories such as animation, rendering, physics, logic, audio, etc.
>> Now we just have a mess of "BGE bugs." Also, is there a way to get an idea
>> of how many bugs there are? When I'm in Maniphest, it just tells me how
>> many bugs are being displayed on the page.

We don't have an easy way of per-project categories in Maniphest,
because you can assign multiple projects to tasks and there's no
functionality for per-project fields builtin. For the rest of Blender
we turned categories into projects to correspond to the module teams.

I'd like to have a way to show custom fields depending which projects
are assigned but that doesn't exist at the moment and seems reasonably
complex to add so it might take me a while to get to that, but could
be done if depend on that a lot. The immediate workaround is for you
to save custom queries with e.g. Contains Text = "Category: Physics",
if you tend to look at particular types of bugs often. Another quick
solution I could do is to add more projects like "GE Physics" and tag
the bugs with those. How much time I spend on this depends a bit on
how important this is to you.

For the bug count, we will add some way to see that, the workaround
for now is just go the next page and do 100+91 = 191 open game engine
bugs.
http://developer.blender.org/T37436

Brecht.