[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting minutes - March 24 2013

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Mar 24 16:57:33 CET 2013

Hi all,

Here's notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders

1) Blender 2.67 planning

- Brecht van Lommel has first SSS code working. Image with coder art here:
  http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=47653

- Ton Roosendaal: still no time for Pie menus... will try still!

- Sergej Reich: started with constraint visualization, but nothing ready yet. Might still make it in release.

- Sergey Sharybin collected updates for Motion Tracker here:
  http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.67/Motion_Tracker

- Freestyle: more reviews were done, and all handled by Tamito Kajiyama.
  Should be feasible for final merger this week! Tomorrow we'll do final checks.

- Campbell Barton reports on three projects:

3D Print Toolbox' add-on is ready for general use and has been moved out of testing.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Modeling/PrintToolbox

Knife project tool added which is useful for insetting text/logos into models.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Modeling/Meshes/Editing/Subdividing/Knife_Subdivide#Knife_Project

Ruler/Protractor for measuring angles and lengths in the scene.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/3D_interaction/Sketching/Ruler_and_Protractor

2) Other projects

- no news about git project, but Campbell and Sergey did tests already. We should also ask advice from FusionForge team.

- Martin Felke updated work on rigid body fracture modifier:
http://gitorious.org/~scorpion81/blenderprojects/scorpion81s-blender/commits/rigid_fracture
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php?title=User:Scorpion81

- Patch tracker urgently needs cleanup, there's 7 year old open issues even!

Thanks,

-Ton-