[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting, March 10, 2013

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Mar 10 17:08:55 CET 2013

Hi all,

Here's a summary of today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders:

1) Blender 2.67 targets

- PyNode project is ready for merging in trunk.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Phonybone/Python_Nodes
Lukas Toenne also recoded handling of previews in nodes (so you can get them local inside groups).

- Freestyle still needs more reviews:
https://codereview.appspot.com/7416049
Sergey Sharybin has time for review. Campbell Barton's remarks are being handled by Tamito Kajiyama.

- Ton Roosendaal: we need demo files and good docs for Freestyle! Especially having the users for Freestyle involved (almost daily) this month would work much better to get this migration done. Just drop in our IRC developer channel.

- Antonis Ryakiotakis: refactoring of brush engine is in progress. New will be alpha brushes and 'rake', possibly stencil style brushes and a sharpen tool.
The refactor is for getting the texture paint code to use our generic stroke system.

- Sergey will finish motion tracking autokey, and looks into a weighted track feature.

- Sergey also will work on compositing: to set a border (region of interest to composite) and make the compositor follow render percentage for settings (allowing 25% preview composites, or 200% renders with similar looks).

- No further update noted for other release targets:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

- Note: we're now on BCon2, meaning targets are frozen, and we get 3 weeks to get in in svn.

2) Other projects

No tangible plans discussed. Although "depsgraph" and "opengl viewport recode" are circling in orbit, about to crash any moment :)

Thanks,

-Ton-