[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - March 3, 2013

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Mar 3 17:25:50 CET 2013

Hi all,

Here are the notes from our weekly meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders:

1) 2.66a update

- As discussed on the bf-committers list, there's a number of important fixes that will go to the release branch, to be released as a 2.66a update.

- For the next 48 hours, we'll move over the fixes to branch. Tuesday afternoon we then check status, and likely call for the builds.

2) 2.67 targets

- Buildbot (builder.blender.org) for Mac is falling behind, Ton Roosendaal checks on using his system for it overnights now.

- Pynode project: Lukas Toenne worked on new preview code, needs work still. It's still on target for 2.67.

- Request: can someone help us to add support for Windows network UNC paths (like \\SomeHost\Share\blends\) in Blender?

- Sergej Reich likes to work on Rigid Body constraints visualization and tools. If people have ideas for how to do this, start making mockups!
A good reference:
http://ode-wiki.org/wiki/index.php?title=Manual:_Joint_Types_and_Functions

- Request: we need someone to investigate how to handle system fonts for the various languages, this handled for all OSes we support.

3) Other projects

Meeting ended with discussions about migration to git. :) We need to draft a couple of steps:
- Check on feasibility for it in general (including consensus for this by the core developers)
- Make a migration design and plan, and who will do this
- Define how to support and maintain in future.

This is not a short term project, but would be nice to have the first step defined a.s.a.p.

Thanks,

-Ton-