[Bf-committers] Wayland and Blender

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 03:34:27 CEST 2013

Regarding this code in GHOST_SystemWayland::GHOST_SystemWayland

EGLint n;
EGL_CHK(eglChooseConfig(m_egl_display.get(), config_attribs, &m_conf, 1, &n));

After this, you do not check if n is equal to 1.  From my reading of
both the documentation and the source code for ANGLE, it is possible
for eglChooseConfig to "succeed" by returning EGL_TRUE but return 0
configurations.  The return value is based on the validity of the
arguments, not if any configurations were found.

I was reading your wayland code because I was thinking of merging in
the CMake configuration stuff and also seeing how you handle EGL
differently from myself.

I plan on making a GHOST_Context class (with EGL and WGL
implementations to start) that factors out rendering context
management.  I think I'm going to borrow generously from how you are
handling the resources.