[Bf-committers] Crash Handler

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 19:26:25 CEST 2013

I'm probably out of the loop on this, so I apologize if I'm working from
old information.

I just spent some time scratching my head because my debugger wasn't
catching segmentation faults (Blender was just disappearing).

Seems that Blender how registers a SIGSEG handler, but this feature seems
incomplete compared to what a debugger or and operating system provide at
this time.  I understand that this probably meant to be a user facing
feature, but at this time, even the "Blender has stopped working" in
Windows message is more useful than what Blender does now.

Perhaps this feature should be disabled until it is more complete?