[Bf-committers] F2 adoption

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 14:01:05 CET 2013

Hi, there's a great script by Bartious Crouch and Paul Kotelevets that
extends F key functionality and makes it easier to generate faces
without selecting all vertices. It is very convenient for retopology
and modelling work in general and having contacted the authors and
gotten their consent, I am thinking of adopting it in C, if there's
agreement from developers too.

To see what it does check here:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?278787-F2

The only issue that comes to my mind is that you might call this tool
too smart (meaning it may be difficult for user to predict what it
will do). It is something like extrude and fill face combined. I would
vote for its adoption but not certain if F key is the best place to
place it. Thoughts?