[Bf-committers] Color Correction Node - "Lift"

Bartek Skorupa (priv) bartekskorupa at bartekskorupa.com
Fri Jan 11 16:27:15 CET 2013

I'd like to point out that in "Color Correction" node we have some naming issues.
"Lift" in all of the color correction tools do as follows:

C - input value
L - lift value
R - resulting value

R = (1-C) * L + C

in "Color Correction" node "Lift" simply adds lift value to input color.

I think we need to make a decision which color correction model to use. What "Lift" does right now is in fact called "Offset".
In my opinion we should either:
1. leave the current behavior of "Lift", but rename it to "Offset", or
2. change it to represent the real lift.

I'd opt for second solution.

Bartek Skorupa

www.bartekskorupa.com