[Bf-committers] Basic touch support for Windows/Linux

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 04:04:54 CET 2013

Hey Ton & all,

I spent the past two weekends working on this for Windows actually,
inspired by your Mac trackpad goodness! The code came together fine, but...
never gets called on the hardware I have. Tested on Wacom Intuos5 and
Logitech T650 under Windows 7. From what I understand, the WM_GESTURE
message (which we can turn into GHOST events) can not be generated by
3rd-party hardware vendors, until Microsoft sorts it out. It supposedly
works with touchscreens, but I don't have one to test. Wacom has a touch
API for their stuff, but I can't find any more info for the T650.

Another issue is that the Windows touch/gesture APIs are for Win7 and up,
so if anyone knows a good way to include those but still be able to
build/run on WinXP, please share it.

I'll post the short code segment if someone can get it to work.

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire