[Bf-committers] What is a "UV Texture" ? (definition wanted)

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 15 14:32:58 CET 2013

Hmmm… I think "UVTexture" is a given image that is attached to a given
face for a given UVMap, in Blender (the one you see in Texture view, the
one you also have below your map in the UV/Image Editor, etc.). It is
not related to material.

Code-wise, you have two CD layers, CD_MLOOPUV which represent an UVMap
(i.e. 2D coordinates per vertex per face), and CD_MTEXPOLY, which links
each polygon to a given image. Blender will use images from an MTEXPOLY
of a given name together with coordinates from an MLOOPUV of the same
name, which forms an UVTexture.

At least, that’s how I see things… ;)