[Bf-committers] 3D cursor hiding in paint modes

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 04:16:41 CET 2013

Hi Antony & devs,

I commented on your commit to hide the 3D cursor in sculpt mode (has
minor error),
http://developer.blender.org/rB85eaa989807268dda60408f41475216ad45888d1

but not sure the cursor should be hidden at all.

The view could be set to rotate around the 3D cursor,
Also the grease pencil can be used in sculpt mode and this uses the 3D
cursor for depth by default.

This is a patch which checks if the view is locked to the 3D cursor
and fixes the cursor being hidden when there is no active object.

But think we better decided if this is a good change before making
further tweaks here.

An alternative could be to only hide the 3d-cursor while the paint
operator runs.

Patch to fix 2 issues if we keep this behavior:
http://www.pasteall.org/47986/diff

--
- Campbell