[Bf-committers] Gooseberry VCS?

Nicholas Rishel rishel.nick at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 07:42:29 CET 2013

There used to be a page on blender.org that covered the .blend file format.
Unfortunately it did not make the
transition<http://www.blender.org/development/architecture/blender-file-format/>to
the new site and I haven't had the time to check if it exists in the
wiki. But if my memory serves right it was implied that current design
would not be hard to translate to readable text - mentioning possible
benefits of using conventional VCS.

A working example of this exists with Unity3d which can save .scene files
as either binary or forced text. I have found this very helpful due to the
relation between objects in a scene and their associated scripts being kept
in sync between branches, but I'm not sure whether an analogue for this
exists in animation pipelines.