[Bf-committers] Add-ons in Blender for commercial services

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Wed Aug 28 09:51:50 CEST 2013

I just want to comment on this one line, not on the pros/cons of adding it:

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 12:10 AM, Sam Vila <samvila at gmail.com> wrote:
> Otoy just did his work, looks like now the ball is in the Blender Foundation side.

Like any feature this would need to go through code review, and if
accepted it needs to be documented and maintained, which takes time
and resources. So I don't like the characterisation that the burden is
now on the Blender Foundation to do the rest of the work, integration
of features requires cooperation in the development process, it's not
a matter of dropping off some code.

Which I'm sure the developers are aware of and communicating about,
but your mail seems to imply that it's up to the Blender Foundation to
do all the rest of the work.

Brecht.