[Bf-committers] Request for reproduction of crash

Angus Hollands goosey15 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 18:29:37 CEST 2013

Hi all,
I believe this relates to dfelinto.

I wouldn't ask this, but I've had some SVN issues and I'd like to confirm
this bug isn't solely in my builds.

I've found that running this blend file
http://www.pasteall.org/blend/23291two successive times in the Game
Engine will cause a crash. There has been
some work done regarding the Python API (which is what relates to the
crash) in rev 588something, which I'm going to try and identify as the
cause.

SjoerdDeVries has also confirmed this, however, he compiles on Linux gcc ,
and I on Windows VC11. I find the crash only occurs when compiling debug
builds, whilst he can reproduce in both release and debug. The windows
buildbot for rev 59006 doesn't crash using the test file, so I presume that
it is compiling release for my hypothesis to hold valid.

So, if anyone would be as kind as to run this in a trunk build and email me
with the revision number and status of the test (load file, press P (in 3d
viewport), press ESC, press P and it should crash) at
goosey15 at gmail.comthat would be helpful!

Thanks in advance, Angus.