[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting minutes, April 21 2013

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Apr 21 17:22:33 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Here's the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders:

1) Blender 2.67 status

- Current log in progress
  http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.67

- Freestyle integration went good! No open bugs in tracker for it. Sergey Sharybin fixed a flaw in object/mesh copying (which now uses own local database).

- Antonis Ryakiotakis wants to finish tomorrow 'overlay painting' for alpha maps. Still needs a doc, he'll make sure that's ready along commit.

- Campbell Barton finished "Mesh Analysis" visualization:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Modeling/Meshes#Mesh_Analysis

- Sergey would also need to apply some patches for Ceres (motion tracker lib) -- fixes for threading issues.

- Monday end of day we move to BCon4 (only bug fixes). On wednesday a 'Release Candidate Ahoy" will be sent out to the builders.

- The judges from the 2.66 splash agreed on asking the Tube team for 2.67 splash. With Tube still in production during the summer, Ton Roosendaal suggested to give them the splash for a later release, and use a Freestyle splash for 2.67. He'll do a proposal on this list later for who'll be judging and how to pick.

2) Google Summer of Code

- Tomorrow students can start submitting projects! Don't forget to help out spreading the word in your campus, university or college. Lots of student applications also means we can get a nice amount of slots again!

- We also need mentors to apply now:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2013
(Mentors are people who know parts of our code well, to guide a student for 2 months and who are available for code reviews and merging).

- With a possible Git migration pending, proposal is to stick to svn for 2013 again. This makes monitoring commits and progress easier as well.

3) Other projects

- Martin Felke mentions progress with his voronoi fracture modifier:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php?title=User:Scorpion81
Needs reviews, tests!

That's it!

-Ton-