[Bf-committers] Triangulate modifier

CoDEmanX codemanx at gmx.de
Wed Nov 14 00:12:46 CET 2012

Sounds to me like there is an inconsistency somewhere in Blender, which
causes the difference in mesh geometry between what baker uses and the
stored/exported data... Shouldn't everything in Blender use tessfaces,
if triangles are required?

"When baking with an all quad mesh, the triangulation that is done
internally in Morten's TS might not match the manual triangulation that
the user applies on export [...]" - Morten Mikkelsen

There shouldn't be "manual triangulation", as export scripts can use
tessfaces to get triangulated geometry. Maybe here's the inconsistency?
The "Triangulate Faces" operator (former Quads to Tris) might create
triangles different from the tessfaces. I wonder how Morten's TS does
triangulation, hm, maybe I missed your point! (sorry if so)