[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting minutes, 29 July 2012

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 29 17:34:32 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Here's the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.

1) Blender 2.64 progress

- Bugs open total 290, it only goes down slowly (because 5-10 new ones come in every day).

- Testbuild proposal; publish one next week sunday. We will need a Windows version too for Siggraph demos.

- Reminder: we stick to BCon3 (fixes only) until end of August, only some Mango targets might get added (like for color management).

2) Other projects

- Peter Schlaile published a new keyer node "inpaint". This will get tested in the Tomato branch.
  http://peter.schlaile.de/blender/inpaint/network_image_keyer1.jpg

- Peter confirmed to be available for Sequencer code reviews (like for basic grade tools).

3) Google summer of Code

- Alex Kuznetsov will make a wiki page with the Android GE player download and status. There's a lot of interest for this at Siggraph. We like to get it demo'ed with usable content as well.

ADDED NOTE: don't forget there are two main events in a week!

- Siggraph starts, 5 days conference in Los Angeles, Blender Foundation presents at the tradeshow too.

- The Blender Network initiative will be launched! It's specifically aimed at offering a public directory of freelancers/companies who can do software services and integration. This is crucial for Blender's next big leap... if we want more professional users we have to build support systems for them.

Thanks,

-Ton-