[Bf-committers] Change of MinGW64 compiler

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 03:39:12 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am preparing a major update of libraries and a change of the supported
compiler to resolve the crashes that occur with subsurf/multires when
compiling with openmp. This one will be used:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win64/Personal%20Builds/rubenvb/release/x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc-4.7.1-release-win64_rubenvb.7z/download

Ruben's builds are the closest thing to "release" builds. Unfortunately it
requires SSE 3 (pentium 4 prescott+) to run but, given that blender may
take easily 2GB to link (== a recent pc) and that prescott is about 8 years
old I think it's a safe change.
This compiler should already work and subsurf rendering will not crash if
compiled with openmp, however there may be some crashes on exit with
openexr. I have already compiled openexr with this build and it works OK
here. I will also update libpng and openimageio using the recompiled
openexr.