[Bf-committers] Opening the svn gates! (Well, slightly ajar :)

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Jan 12 13:27:01 CET 2012

Hi everyone,

It's a simple fact we have many more cool patches waiting than people with competence and time to review it. We also just need more people with interest and commitment to become part of module teams to help out keeping it bugfree and developed.

So: here's an invitation to all developers who have added patches in our tracker that keep getting ignored simply because we don't have time for it. If you are interested to not only maintain the patch itself but also work in general on maintaining that "module", let me or other devs know (preferably in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders).

In many cases we can just skip a tedious review process, especially in case you're already known to be available or around to help fixing it up.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Template:ModulesOwners

Thanks,

-Ton-