[Bf-committers] Collada importer/exporter kickout

Sebastian sebastian at opencollada.org
Sat Jan 7 22:22:55 CET 2012

Erwin already announced it: I've contributed the code generation
libraries under the MIT license and committed it to our Subversion
repository.

You should see this as our commitment to the future of OpenCOLLADA.
OpenCOLLADA is and was a lot of work, it's far away from being perfect
or even error free but I would not suggest to develop yet another DAE
importer/exporter specifically for Blender or even drop support for it.
For the COLLADA community Blender is definitely one of the most
important stakeholders to stop supporting COLLADA would make things in
DCC exchange even worse.

We are currently discussing further financing of OpenCOLLADA and will
spend more time the next months on bugfixing and conformance tests.

Sebastian