[Bf-committers] How to make debug build of 2.6x with minGW+scons

migius at gmx.net migius at gmx.net
Thu Jan 5 01:58:42 CET 2012

> I can't think particular example scripts that address this, but I'm
> also not sure what you're trying to do exactly.

there are many different tasks,
for example (i haven't tried it yet in 2.6x but in 2.49b):
selection-sets (lists of objects and sub-objects = vertices) obviously crash blender if called after undo.

> The safest way to do things is to store persistent data that you need
> again after the script runs in (id) properties on datablocks. If you
> really need to keep references to data around yourself, you could
> check if the data still exists by comparing if the data you're
> referring to is still in bpy.data, maybe comparing with .as_pointer()
> and/or storing the name and doing lookups that way.

this helps, thanks

BTW - i've got no problems by installation of MSVC2008express, \o/
and now configuring CMake