[Bf-committers] Remove Frameserver

Dan McGrath danmcgrath.ca at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 14:28:53 CEST 2012

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 8:06 AM, Thomas Dinges <blender at dingto.org> wrote:
> Thats not true!!
> The bug was there for 2 hours, it was fixed by me on the same day it got
> reported!
> -Reported 2012-07-11 21:47
> -Fixed 2012-07-11 23:44
>
> What this bug made clear though is, that frame server was not working
> for quite some time (probably the whole 2.6x series and maybe some 2.5x
> versions) so NOBODY reported it, and therefore NOBODY cared / seriously
> used it, otherwise it would have been reported way earlier.

Ah, I didn't realize that it was fixed, and fixed so quickly. Perhaps
my comment was mostly reflecting how I originally felt when I first
seen the thread about about removing a feature. I suppose I was just
mixing in my past experiences with bug reports that get closed as a
TODO often enough, and was concerned that I was starting to see the
same trend happen here.

Although to be fair, I wasn't implying or thinking that you
specifically, my fine sir, were not capable of fixing, or didn't care
about fixing such a problem! Clearly you and the rest of the devs have
excellent track records for getting things fixed.

If anything, this thread is probably nothing more than a good example
of what effects that missing regression tests can have, and how a lack
of coffee can lead to quick emails that don't fully express the
intended message. ;)

Dan