[Bf-committers] Numpy integration

trouble daemon troubledaemon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 20:13:02 CEST 2012

+1

I gotta say that I kinda agree with the whole size thing being minor
these days. Besides, the most likely internet access that would have
low caps would be stuff like 3G or similar, but how many people are
going to be downloading blender releases on their cell phones and
iPads?

I think it really depends on if the size increase is justified. If
adding 3MB to the size of the download will allow plugin authors to
add new functionality they couldn't easily do otherwise, or to save a
portion of that through eliminating common repeated code across
multiple addons, then why not?

Not that I am saying size shouldn't be considered in the long run, but
there are plenty of ways to deal with size bloat, including things
like binary diffs or just using existing incremental update systems
like svn. Worst case, just offer diffs between releases for the more
advanced users or something perhaps.

Anyways, my $0.02 :) o/