[Bf-committers] build blender with mingw

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 16:27:17 CEST 2012

Hi, chiming in to report my progress:

There has been an effort to provide binaries for MinGW64 so I have
renewed my efforts to produce a working  blender with it.

Using this build

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingwbuilds/files/windows-host/4.7.0/ ,

so far I have compiled several libs for MinGW64 (fftw3, freetype,
gettext, jpeg, tiff, png, zlib). Blender itself is at about 50%
compiled state

Now I am trying to build OpenEXR for MinGW64

I have copied MSYS from the standard MinGW installation and using this
configuration:

../ilmbase-1.0.1/configure --prefix=/c/src/libbuild/openexr/install
--target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
--build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 LDFLAGS=-mwindows

The build stops with error:

../libtool: eval: line 4398: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
../libtool: eval: line 4399: syntax error: unexpected end of file
make[2]: *** [libHalf.la] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Any help is appreciated.

Caleb, the libraries you are using are appended with .lib. I am not
sure exactly how you generated them but MinGW libraries will have a
lib*.a naming convention. Especially for C++ generated libraries we
need to get libraries generated from MinGW as the ABIs differ between
compilers. I haven't tried using your patches yet though.