[Bf-committers] Nodes auto hide sockets on collapsed nodes

Bartek Skorupa bartekskorupa at bartekskorupa.com
Mon Apr 9 08:51:08 CEST 2012

Hey Lukas,

Thank you for your reply and for bringing back individual sockets
selection.
I missed it because now you select socket by left clicking. I was
trying to select them by right clicking (as it was in 2.49) and when
it failed I was sure we still don't have this option available.
This feature is a real time saver.
I'm really glad you are thinking about improving it. I'm sure you'll
come up with the best possible solution.

Auto hide sockets:
As I can see from your post you are all the time thinking about
automatic behavior.
If I may suggest something - I'd rather leave more options to the user.
As I suggested in my previous message:
If most of the users love auto hide feature (I still don't understand
why, but let it be) - why don't we leave this behavior, but let the
user unhide sockets of collapsed node with Ctl-H?
Most of the users would simply hide the nodes without doing anything
else afterwards and I would hit H, Ctl-H to have the nodes the way I
like them.

Bartek Skorupa

www.bartekskorupa.com