[Bf-committers] Blender developers irc meeting, April 8, 2012

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Sun Apr 8 16:35:33 CEST 2012

Hey everyone and Happy Easter! :)

Today's meeting notes:

1) Blender 2.63 progress
-Sergey reports we have less and less critical issues in the bug tracker
Remaining issues:
1) high memory usage of undo stack (might be fixed for 2.64?)
2) Game engine crashes with textured meshes

-Campbell reports on his work this week:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Ideasman42/WhatImWorkingOn#Week_85_.28April_2nd.29

-We agreed on doing a first release candidate middle of the week (11/12
April).

-Support for Kepler GPUs (Cycles/CUDA) will be provided as extra
download. People who want to test these cards can then download a small
zip archive with the needed render kernels. The CUDA 4.2 toolkit is
still too unstable for general usage. We stick with Toolkit 4.0.

-Release logs in progress, help is welcome!
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.63

2) Current projects
-Francisco De La Cruz (XercesBlue) has been added as SVN commiter. He
already fixed some bugs and added Vertex slide. Welcome :)

-Ed Halley reports progress on his outline modifier
http://halley.cc/paste/blender-outline-modifier-2.png

-Howard Trickey made some progress on the rounded bevel addon
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=29754

3) Google Summer of Code
-Deadline for submissions was on Friday, we have 45 proposals which we
will check on in the upcoming days. Lot of work! :)
-Accepted proposals will be announced on 23rd of April.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Thomas

--