[Bf-committers] Blender developers irc meeting, April 1, 2012

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Apr 1 17:47:25 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Here's the notes of today's meeting!

1) Blender 2.63

- Bugs bugs bugs, ... but still the total went down to 192 (developers closed like a 100 last week!).

- Ton proposes to have a coder blog post about our orphaned code & do a call for new developers to adopt it! We also have to refresh the module teams in general. He'll work with Sergey on it.

- Ton discussed with Joshua Leung to have Francesco & Jeremy (animators Mango) added to the review team for animation features, so they can help deciding to get small & quick fixes in svn.

- Testbuild ahoy! Jens Verwiebe, Nathan Letwory and Sergey Sharybin will use current svn revision to make a build for official testing. Ton will post this as news item on blender.org.

- Planning reminder:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

Proposal: move now to BCon4 (bugfix only) and make it last at least two weeks. Next sunday we can review status (although with Easter many people might have other duties). An official RC build can be done the day after Easter sunday. Final decision on release then happens sunday 15th.

2) Other projects

- Andrea Weikert worked updated the Auto-seam (soc-2011-avocado) branch to latest trunk, to do some work there with the student (shuvro).

- Andrea also started with initial data design for improved data & asset (library) browsing.

3) Google Summer of Code

- Deadline for students: April 6, 19:00 UTC

- We can still use more submissions! Spread the news!

Thanks,

-Ton-