[Bf-committers] Blender developer ITC meeting, 25 september 2011

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Sep 25 17:17:21 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Here's the notes from today's IRC meeting in irc.freenode.net
#blendercoders:

1) Blender 2.60 preparations

- Last week the GSoC UI translation project was successfully applied.

- Shizu has a Japanese translation .po ready, will send to mailing list

- Ton discussed with Xiao to move over the google project for
translations to blender.org.
   http://code.google.com/p/blender-translation/

- Dalai Felinto's TexFace properties migration commit went fine sofar,
one unconfirmed issue only. Please test and report!

- Last of the big mergers happened, so focus can go to bugs! We move
to "BCon4" next week, a first Release Candidate then comes available
as well. We're on schedule still.

- Ton changed the main bug tracker page to not list the 2.4 tracker
anymore. If you still need it, replace the 'atid' number in url with
125.

- Planning reminder http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

- Jens Verwiebe compiled for OSX a new gcc (gcc-4.6) which gives more
stable OMP (threading) for sculpting and fluids. Might get used for
the official release.

- Dalai will move over bug fixes from cucumber branch

- Thomas Dinges: our win64 libs need update, he connects with Nathan
Letwory for it.

2) Other projects

- Thomas posted a Cycles Win64 build: http://www.graphicall.org/641

- Sculpt GSoC branch: Nicholas Bishop talked with Jason Hayes about
it. Needs some more work before it can get review for merger. ETA
unknown yet.

- Emannuel Stone is back on Nurbana. He'll do some bug fixes first,
then works on a good specification doc with images/videos.

- BMesh: progresses steadily, but not enough to make it 2.61 target,
2.62 is more feasible.

- We need reviewer(s) for "Oceansim" for 2.61!

- Dynamic Paint GSoC project: is ready for review too.

Thanks,

-Ton-