[Bf-committers] Wiki upgrade 2011

trouble daemon troubledaemon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 06:44:53 CEST 2011

Gustav Göransson,

>Great job!
>
>Regarding the new search functionality. I doesn't seems it work very good
>atm.
>
>Say for example that I need information about how the extrude tool works i=
>2.5. If I search for "extrude" in the wiki I get the gingerbread tutorial,=
 masonry
>extension, dev todos as the top results. But the page with the information
>about the extrude tool (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.5/Manual/M=
odeling/Meshes/Tools/Add_Divide#Extrude)
>is not even in the search results at all...

Ah, thanks for pointing it out. I have a few week out mirror of the
wiki and tried a search on my system and noticed the same problem. It
seems though that I did not have that page even in my wiki. So I did
some tests and added the page and reindexed, and sure enough, it
showed up as the second result in a search I did for extrude (see
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/18234 ). I do not have direct access
however to the server so
I cannot tell you why atm, your search did not find the page. My guess
is that it wasn't indexed for some reason. I will try poke some people
and see if they can debug their settings though. Thanks!

>Also might not be a good idea to mix the manual with dev documentation by
>default in the search results...

As with any mediawiki installation, you can control your default
namespaces in your user prferences. Or if you do not have an account,
you can simply uncheck the namespaces you do not wish to search and
hit search again (not that it would have helped you much in this case
however).

troubled