[Bf-committers] Fully qualified names for channels in actions?

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 19 19:06:25 CEST 2011

I just stumbled upon a simple task. I have two objects (a sphere and a
cube for example) and i wanted to control their locations with _one_
action. That simply isn't possible with one action alone, since both
objects will share the location-channel (sitting on top of each other).
Is there a way to store the location of two objects in one action or
will i have to combine both actions with the NLA or the need to parent
both to the bones of an armature?

If it isn't possible, wouldn't it not make sense to (optionally) use
something like fully qualified names in a way, that both locations could
be stored inside the same action? I may be wrong, but i would find it
useful for this properties.

Greetings from
Tobias Oelgarte